Thursday, July 9, 2009

On...Summer Music


Slow Club

Regina Spektor

Elizabeth & The Catapult

I would like to highlight 3 recent albums. Each falls comfortably into the singer/songwriter--Adult Alternative--Dream Pop category.

The first is the new album from Regina Spektor--called Far. Her last album was fantastic. My wife loved it. Her new album continues Regina's dominance of the quirky pop song. Anyone who has enjoyed Regina in the past is guaranteed to enjoy her new effort.

The other two albums I have only listened to twice each, which is very low to actually get a firm feel for, but I feel they both have potential. I was just looking at new releases on iTunes and both of these were only $7 for a dozen or more songs. After listening to a few samples I was sure I would enjoy the whole albums and committed. I was right. If you enjoy Ivy or Great Northern or the Pierces or Shawn Colvin then you'll like both Slow Club's Yeah So and Elizabeth & The Catapult's Taller Children.

If you are looking for one song from each I'd try...

Regina Spektor's Laughing With

Slow Club's Giving Up on Love

Elizabeth & The Catapult's Taller Children

PS: Better than Ezra has a new album too. I've only listened to the track, Absolutely Still. Classic BTE.

No comments: