Friday, July 3, 2009

On...Peggy Noonan salutes David McCullough


MAKING HISTORY

This piece was posted in the Wall Street Journal this morning, a wonderful reminder of our Founding in 1776 on this July 4th weekend. Noonan praises (in her opinion) our greatest living historian: David McCullough. He certainly is right up there. If anybody would rank such things I would probably put him second behind Gordon S Wood. I'll have to think more about that for a future post. McCullough certainly has the best speaking historical voice.

HERE'S THE POST

Makes me want to break out McCullough's 1776. I think I will.

1 comment:

Bill Doughty said...

Found your blog serendipitously, thanks to David McCullough (I guess thanks to Peggy Noonan, too). Thought you might enjoy taking a quick look at my blog and review of 1776. It's at http://navyreads.blogspot.com/

Navy Reads