Tuesday, December 2, 2008

On...Bombay


The Hot Spot

I don't pretend to really know all that much about India and its diverse culture and long history/rivalry with Pakistan but I do know that it will play no-small role in the future. As for the terrorist attacks in Bombay the war against Islamic-fascism knows no rest. I've included a number of article for your enjoyment regarding the latest battle.

First Christopher Hitchens on why India is a very important ally and what we need to do to assist them.

Second a brief article from SLATE on why Bombay's name was changed to Mumbai and why I will continue to call it Bombay just as I will call Burma Burma and not that other name.

Third is from Robert Kagan on what the USA should do regarding Pakistan. From the Washington Post

President-Elect Obama rattled the sabers pretty hard regarding Pakistan, it's soon going to be game time. Now that he firmly has a centrist (almost center-right) foreign policy team (Hillary, Gen. Jones, Gates, Biden) I wonder if the moonbats are having indigestion yet.

Rich Lowry of the NY Post mirrors much of my take on Obama's Alpha Team HERE

No comments: