Thursday, May 21, 2009

ON...What Do California and Iceland Have in Common?

Well, we're about to find out.

Probably. Maybe. Unless Superman, I mean our POTUS, comes to save the day. But not even Bill Maher believes Superman can help. And by save the day I mean takes over California just like he's annexed (Or Sudentenland-ed) the auto industry, the banks, and anything else he must own, possess, or fix under his rules. I still find it hard to believe this is the change people wanted. Close Guantanamo! Close Guantanamo! But the Senate votes 90-6 to keep it open. I know Bush was growing like mold on everything, but really, this is all becoming a joke.

California and its multi-decade lunancy is finally paying off. Call me a Mid-Westerner but they got what's coming. To Quote HL Mencken "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard." That's California 2009.

Here are a few fun articles floating around out there. Hopefully, you have the time this Memorial Day Weekend to read a few and spread the debate. And find time to enjoy friends and family and remember all those Americans who paid the ultimate price for our Golden Age.

ATLANTIC BLOG Megan MacArdle On...Is California Too big to Fail.
Real funny piece and I think pretty realistic.

GEORGE WILL On...The Coming California Bailout
Will disagrees with MacArdle on California actually getting bailed out.

DAVID HARSAYNI On...Coming to Your Garage: Le Car
A really hilarious farce on what our auto-unindustry has becoming, racketeering and all.

And on a further note, I usually can't stand Bill Maher. I can't listen to him. But his article post above was actually really good and I think on target.

Final Note on my 33rd Birthday:
I'm not even mad anymore about the election and all the ensuing nonsense. It's all turned into a wonderful dystopian comedy--think Terry Gilliam's Brazil or Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove. You can't write all this stuff. Not even Tom Wolfe could. This is so amazing and so many people don't even know it's happening. I'll do my best to keep you informed on the theater (or farce) that is our America.

I feel like HL Mencken was never more right when he wrote, "Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right."

No comments: