Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On...Baseball Opening Day & Predictions


BASEBALL!!

Yesterday kicked off the 2009 Baseball season and already the Indians got crushed. Oh, well. 161 games to go. Here are my predictions for the year.

American League

East--Red Sox
Central--Indians (The Indians usually play well in odd years for some reason)
West--Angels
Wild--Yankees

National League

East--Mets
Central--Cubs
West--Dodgers
Wild--Phillies

World Series Prediction Using My Mind: Angels over Mets in 6
World Series Using My Heart (and fairy dust): Indians vs. Cubs (And it doesn't matter who wins in 7)

Other predictions:
  • I think both Grady Sizemore and Curtis Granderson will have HUGE years.
  • I think Cliff Lee will only go 14-12 this year.
  • Tigers will hover around .500 but pitching will be their downfall.
  • Magglio, Guillen, and Robertson will be traded if things so south.
Also the MLB Application for the IPhone is very sweet, even with the $9.99 price. Live audio for every game! No blackouts, box scores, video, stats, standings, everything. Awesome!

2 comments:

Vincetastic said...

These are legitimate picks, the only one I disagree with is having the Cardinals winning the NL Central.

Vincetastic said...

Oh yeah, I made a top ten list of my projections for the regular season results: http://www.toptentopten.com/topten/projected+baseball+teams+2009+regular+season. I think my picks are solid, if you don’t agree you can actually change the order by voting.